Saturday, November 29, 2008

It sounds nicer in "English"

What I'm reading: Born to Run, by James Grippando

With widespread family, I do a lot of shopping on line. Much easier than going out, buying, wrapping, packing, standing in line at the Post Office, and paying extra for shipping. (I believe I mentioned it cost over $15 to send a $2.50 bag of stuffing mix to my daughter in Northern Ireland.

And, since that daughter lives in Northern Ireland, I shopped at Amazon's UK "store" for gifts for her and her husband. Today I got the notice that my order had been shipped. Only over there, they don't say that. Instead, it was dispatched, and by Royal Mail, no less. OK, I know their postal system is the Royal Mail (and I had the pleasure of chatting with one of the Royal Mail carriers when I visited England), but the Amazon email conjured up images of the Queen handing my purchases to a gallant messenger who lea onto his royal steed and gallops away to deliver the goods.


Today's Gratitude List:
1. Nice drugs for pulled back muscles
2. Thermal-Care heat wraps
3. On-line shopping

3 comments:

Chudney Thomas said...

Sorry to hear about your back, hope you feel better. as for shopping on line I'm all for it with my God Son in West Virginia, I love the fact that I can have his presents sent via UPS.

Unknown said...

Maybe if the Royal Mail delivery man rode on horseback I would have heard him yesterday! They don't ring the bell, and I rarely hear knocking if there's anything "on" in the house. And, well, I don't NEED to be up by 8 on a saturday, so... Off to town I had to go to fetch my parcel. Yes. We get parcels, not boxes.

But anyway, most of the local mail carriers ride bikes and walk. Haven't seen a horse yet!

my list:
1. Clean and fluffy dogs. (someone had a bath)

2. Wool socks.

3. Sunshine, even if it IS freezing outside (literally).

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Ladies.

And if you read Sunday's post, there's a downside to mailing packages, boxes, or parcels.