Thursday, November 13, 2008

Headed out west

Since I've been dealing with a couple of rejections, today's quote seemed appropriate.

First, be ever mindful that it's a privilege rather than a God-given right to be able to write for a living; that the opportunities are few, though sought after by many; and thus, that it's healthiest to view the years of rejection as a crude winnowing process in which those left standing are those who have endured because they must write. Second, rejection is never, ever to be taken personally or doomfully. All that counts is improving your craft.
~Robert Draper

I'm off for 5 days out west to visit family, enjoy a change of scenery and climate, and do some vegging.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post on my blog, but while I'm gone you can occupy yourself by reading the first chapter of When Danger Calls, which I've just posted on my website. If you enjoy it, it's available for pre-order at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. Links are on my site as well.

AND … if you're in a generous mood and haven't already done so, a few more votes for Hidden Fire at Night Owl Reviews (link at the right) – then scroll way down to Romantic Suspense --- would be appreciated. It's one vote per person, so if you've already voted – Thanks!

Today's Gratitude List:

1. My faithful blog followers

2. Pre-printed boarding passes and on-line baggage checking

3. Time with distant family

3 comments:

Kel-Bell said...

This is my first, but not last visit to your blog.

I like the daily gatitude list.

Kel-Bell said...

Gratitude

(sp.)

geesh!

Terry Odell said...

Thanks -- The Gratitude Project came from Susan Wiggs, so she deserves the credit.