Wednesday, June 29, 2011

New Look to Terry's Place

First – I've revamped my blog. I spent a good long time at my son's on Sunday. He may be a landscape/nature photographer first, but he agreed to take some new head shots for me. If you're one of my Facebook friends, you might have seen the ones I posted there. You know they say pictures don't lie. Well, forget that one! At least that adage doesn't hold true here, and for that, I'm very grateful! And daughter Jessica worked with a graphics artist friend of hers to create a new logo for me. With all that support, I figured I should update my blog. I've also changed my profile picture here and on my website. Any thoughts about the results?



Next: My Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale will be gone after the 4th of July. Don't wait too long. (Details under Deals & Steals)

As for a post: I'm visiting Carol Kilgore at her blog, Under the Tiki Hut. Carol's a frequent visitor here, and provided those gorgeous Galveston shots last Friday.

She has a clever slant on her guests. She provides everyone with the same "what if" setup, and has her guests create their responses. (She also has a tight work count, and anyone who knows me knows that was more of a challenge than dealing with her scenario!) This is her theme:

You brought your laptop to the Tiki Hut for some peace and quiet.
What drink do you order? Any snacks?
You're writing away when something catches your eye.
What is it? How do you stay focused on your writing?

If you want to see my interpretation, be sure to check out her blog. Carol posts at 7:15 AM Central time, so if you're an early bird here, wait a bit and then pop over. And comments welcome!

12 comments:

Karen C said...

I love the new look of your blog and the pictures of you are great!

The blog has a nice uncluttered look to it.

Terry Odell said...

Karen - thanks. I have my kids to thank for images and advice.

Sue-Ellen Welfonder said...

LOVE your new look, Terry. Both you and the blog. Congrats!! :)

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Sue-Ellen. Glad you stopped by.

Mona Risk said...

Terry I love the heading. So cool. I saw your pictures on Facebook and chose the one with the brown dress. Lovely.
www.monarisk.com

John Sharpe said...

Like your new format. Viewer friendly and does a nice job of displaying the nature of your books.

Terry Odell said...

Mona, John - thank you both. Most of the credit belongs to my kids and the graphic artist who created the banner and logo. All I really did was fight with Blogger until everyone was happy.

Carol Kilgore said...

I like your new twist and your new photos! And I loved having you guest blog for me today.

Terry Odell said...

Carol, thanks. I had a great time over at the Tiki Hut!

Tami Brothers said...

Looks great and so do the headshots!

Tami

Terry Odell said...

Tami, thanks for coming by!

Ellis Vidler said...

It looks good, Terry. Nice and fresh.