Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Field Trip: A Classic Car Show

First - don't forget to leave a comment on Phoebe Conn's Tuesday post. Today's the last day to enter. I'll announce the winner this weekend.


Next - last week, Jason wanted to know if we'd like to drive up to Loveland, Colorado for a national classic car show. Mostly, he wanted me to be a pair of eyes and hands for our grandson, but I agreed as long as he'd share his pictures. (OK, having a day with our grandson was enough, but I couldn't make it too easy.) And, for those who've come by on my Friday Field Trips, you know that Jason's going to do more than just take pictures of cars. I hope you enjoy his interpretation. And how many of these do you recognize? Or remember? Did you own any of them?

















































11 comments:

Maryannwrites said...

Wow, great photos. I am a sucker for classic cars. We have a classic car cruise in every Labor Day weekend and I took pictures for the online magazine I used to run. Nothing as great as these shots, though.

Jack said...

Brings back memories of old times
Dad

Terry Odell said...

Maryann -- the benefits of a photographer in the family.

Dad - hello, and fancy seeing you here. I looked for a red 1947 Pontiac convertible, but couldn't find one.

Sarah Grimm said...

That's my kind of eye candy! lol

The next question I have is...What's it do in the quarter mile? Which stems from the fact that hubs drag races. And, yes, I have driven down the track. ;)

Terry Odell said...

Darah - don't know about these cars, but the little remote car drag race I did with my grandson, we managed to get his car down the track in 5.9 seconds.

Karen C said...

The pictures are wonderful - looks like you had a great day, weather wise, too!

Terry Odell said...

Karen, the weather couldn't have been better.

Wynter said...

I love the perspective on the pictures. Drag racing sounds like fun!

Terry Odell said...

Wynter, most people there probably saw cars. Jason sees art.

Alison DeLuca said...

WOW - gorgeous photos!

Gerald Reeves said...

All of these cars are beautiful, but for me, that red and glossy Pontiac Firebird is the winner! Though you only took a sneak peek of the car, its sophisticated essence reveals itself effortlessly. :’>

- Kerstin