Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Please drop by

I'm being 'lazy' today. Yesterday, the a/c was defunct at the Y. It had died relatively recently, so the fitness room wasn't too bad, but I was there by 7:15 am. I had no desire to deal with the conditions if they hadn't fixed it yet, since it was over 90 yesterday, and things don't cool off -- not when it's still 90 at 9 PM. I did call to see if they'd fixed it, but the line was busy for over half an hour, so I opted to skip it. Regrets? Only that I wanted to use the time to read without guilt. And, I've been vegging to Wimbledon.

Visit me in the Red Room

Writing for a small press, and not having another release until December, keeping my name visible is a major but necessary time suck. One of my publishers pointed out a new writing community site, and although I didn't investigate too deeply, it's free, and Susan Wiggs and Amy Tan had pages, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I now have an author page at The Red Room. Please drop by and check it out. Let me know how I can improve it. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get a video clip up there. Right now, they default the page to whatever they're pushing. I can't say I like the idea of someone else's choices being on 'my' page, but the thought of doing -- or even finding -- a suitable video is something I don't want to deal with right now.


SLING WORDS aka Joan Reeves said...

Thanks for the info about the Red Room! Nice page.

Terry Odell said...

Thanks for dropping by, Joan. Looks like there's potential for a good site over there.