Thursday, December 17, 2009

Time Warp

Although technically I'm in Florida when you read this, I'm writing it on Tuesday and still in Colorado. Confused? Kind of the way I feel when I check the desktop weather icon on my laptop, which I never reset to Colorado, so right now it's telling me it's 81 degrees outside. However, a glance out the window shows patches of snow on the ground.

I figured I'd round out this Colorado blogging update with some more pictures. The realities of life will resume once I'm in sync with real time again.

In addition to house/relocation site hunting, we've done some tourist-type things. We went to the Dinosaur Resource Center in Woodland Park:



And Garden of the Gods













Hubby and I went to the nearby Western Museum of Mining and Industry and he had a great time. BIG steam engines, which the docent turned on. Lots of machinery on display. Manly stuff. Lots of exhibits for kids, too, so I'll let my son and daughter-in-law know it might be a fun place for the grandson.







And because tomorrow is Friday, it'll be the conclusion of my Criminal Thinking posts. Be sure to come back for that.

7 comments:

Carol Kilgore said...

Oh yeah. That last one is a male thing, I'm thinking. Live-in Handyman would've been there all day.

Terry Odell said...

Carol, yes he did have a good time.

And on another note, I don't know why the setup for the blog is wonky today. Must be a conflict with all the photos.

Unknown said...

nice hat, Dad. ;)

Mary Ricksen said...

It looks like a fun time to me Terry and that's all that matters!
Welcome home.

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Mary. The trip was supposed to be as much for fun as it was for looking at property. Being out for our grandson's second birthday was the primary reason for the trip--and well worth it.

Sheila Deeth said...

Looks fun. And blue skies and sunshine too.

Terry Odell said...

Sheila, we arrived the day after it was minus 3, and had no more snowfall, and the temps went up. It was in the 50's when we left.