Monday, December 07, 2009

SWAT Roundup 2009

What I'm reading: Start Me Up, by Victoria Dahl

Thursday was our second day working the SWAT Roundup. More competition, more hot cops. No matter where you looked, the view was simply fine.







Of course, hubby's attention was focused somewhere other than mine a lot of the time. He loved the toys.







I'm not 100% sure which held the most attraction for him in this next shot, however.

Keep Reading...



These guys take the competition seriously and come from all over the world to compete. While they might be cutthroat on the event fields, when they dealt with us, they were nothing but polite. I haven't been called "ma'am" that many times since last year's competition. I asked the Dubai team if I could take their picture, and once they understood I wanted their shirt backs, not their faces, they were most cooperative.



In fact, I'm now the owner of a Dubai Police polo shirt!





If you're interested in descriptions of the various events, you can find them here.

I'll have more on Wednesday. Tomorrow, my guest is Amber Leigh Williams, and she's going to describe her plotting process. If you're a regular visitor here, you'll know that no two authors follow the same methods. Amber's ideas will give you more possibilities. She'll be giving away a copy of Blackest Heart, a western romance novella that was the first place winner in the 2009 More Than Magic Contest. Be sure to come back tomorrow to see how to enter.

12 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Great pictures! Glad you're having such a great time, Terry.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Wynter said...

Sounds like fun. What a terrific shirt to keep! I'll bet you're the only ma'am in town with one;-)

Terry Odell said...

Elizabeth - yes, it was worth all the aches, pains, and shivering.

Wynter - I'm wearing the shirt right now. It's a very soft brushed cotton. Cozy.

GunDiva said...

I tried to post earlier, but Blogger was hatin' on me.

That said...I am soooooo very, very jealous of you right now. I'd love to be able to watch the SWAT boys in action (well, and I'd like to play with the guns, too).

Have a great time!

Mary Ricksen said...

Cool post, my husband even looked at the gun pictures. Amazing!

Terry Odell said...

GunDiva - sorry you had trouble with Blogger--maybe too many pictures. Yeah, it was fun. More Wednesday. The obstacle course event.

Terry Odell said...

Mary - glad your husband liked the guns. So did mine. :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG . . .I don't know which pics I liked better--the guns or the -- well, you know. GREAT post, Terry. You made my Monday, and you reminded me I should get out to target practice more often.

Terry Odell said...

Drue - definitely something for everyone. Always something to look at.

Carol Kilgore said...

Love the photos. Wish I could've been there, too. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret Tanner said...

Hi Terry,
Great pictures, wish I was there with you amongst all those gorgeous hunky men.

Cheers
Margaret

Nancy J. Cohen said...

Very cool, Terry. Good for research and fun.