Saturday, December 19, 2009

Catching Up a Bit

What I'm reading: Lakeshore Christmas, by Susan Wiggs; To Scotland with Love, by Karin Hawkins.

Good Stuff from while I was gone -

I came home to an award from mystery author Elizabeth Spann Craig, a previous guest here and a frequent commenter with a marvelous blog of her own. My kind of award - no strings! Thanks, Elizabeth.



And an invitation to present my "Storyboard Plotting for Non-Plotters" as a workshop for a Jacksonville RWA chapter in February. And while I'm there, I can hook up with Sandra McDonald, my first writing mentor.

Right now, I'm working on that pesky scene I mentioned a while back. The 'is there a reason for a budding relationship, and even if there is, how much needs to be on the page.' I had two plane trips to mull over it, and I think I've finally got a handle on it. I'll have more next week, after I actually write the revisions.

Hope you'll have time in your busy holiday season to pop in from time to time.

7 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Good luck with that scene, Terry. And congrats re the RWA invite.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. I've finished the second half of the first scene (which unfold several chapters apart) and am now working on the very last revision.

Hart Johnson said...

Congrats on the award and the presentation invite!

And you're not just going to leave us dangling on that decision, are you? Are they gunna get naughty or NOT!? *snicker*

Good luck with the scene!

Terry Odell said...

Hey, WT, come back Monday. I always tie up loose ends. Eventually.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award and the invitation.
Ann Ambrosio

Autumn Jordon said...

Congrats, Terry. I don't know how you do it all. Awesome way to start the holiday.

AJ

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Ann & Autumn.