While I'm finishing the edits for Romancing the Geek, I'll post the next 5 Goal Keeping Tips from Roxanne St. Claire
6. Call your goal buddy once a week and do a report
7. Write slow and steady instead of fast and furious (2 pages a day is 10 pages a week or easily a book in a year, with editing and time for submission)
8. Get a goal calendar--dry erase four months, write your page goals and check them every week.
9. Don' let the sun go down on a rejection -- the day one comes in, get another submission out.
10. Pick your conferences and contests early in the year and ENTER them as soon as possible -- don't wait until the last minute.