Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Despite Technology, things move forward

What I'm reading: Rumpole and the Reign of Terror by John Mortimer

What I'm writing: chapter 24

A brief note from my editor saying that Starting Over has an ISBN and a release date made my morning. Good to know that after all the trials and tribs with formatting, things got repaired and into the queue for Final Line Edits
.

I received my bookmarks for Finding Sarah. My first "professional" promotion. I gave one to an instructor at the Y who looked at it, then me. "What is this?" she asked. "My book," I said. Wide-eyes, open mouth. "You wrote a book! I knew you did that writer thing, but I didn't know you actually WROTE something."

Of course, then you have to deal with the 'no, I can't autograph a copy of the novel, but if you want to buy the short stories, you can print them and I'll be happy to sign one for you.'

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

Congratulations, Terry! I love to give out bookmarks. I carry them with me everywhere.