Saturday, September 17, 2011

Quick Followup

What I've discovered after changing the "comments" settings:

1. Virtually no spam in my spam filter. Perhaps the embedded format thwarts these bots.

2. Some difficulty in leaving comments for those with IE. If you're using IE, I found that clicking the 'preview' before trying to submit a comment sometimes shook things loose. And I did have to sign in to Google again. Perhaps that also helped clear the pipes.

3. The Followers via Google Connect Gadget seems to have a mind of its own. I'm sure this is because I put out a plea for more followers.

*** New: According to Blogger, there's some sort of filter and cookie issue (I don't speak that language) which is keeping some IE users from commenting. I've tried the last option, and we'll see what happens. If you use IE and are willing to give things a try, I'd appreciate it. Still don't have an answer on the followers gadget thingie.

If you want to comment but can't, my email is in the contact tab.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

I use IE and everything seems fine so far ... let's see if this posts! :)

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Jemi. This isn't my preferred comment format, but it's better than the pop up windows. Appreciate you giving it a test drive.

Sue-Ellen Welfonder said...

Good luck with the changes, Terry. I hope you make your numbers goal. :)

Karen C said...

Thanks for the update!! No spam's a good thing!

Terry Odell said...

Sue-Ellen - thanks.

Karen - Maybe this "full page" option will work out. (But I still like the embedded and have made my thoughts clear to the Blogger people!)