Thursday, August 05, 2010

Getting Started

What I'm reading: Decaffeinated Corpse by Cleo Coyle

First I'd like to share another review for Nowhere to Hide, from Happily Ever After Reviews.

NOWHERE TO HIDE is a romantic suspense that will leave you guessing until the end. Ms. Odell’s characters breathe off the page and beg you to join them in a world of desire, lies, and yellow police tape. Once you start, you will not want to put this book down.


Next, my office is almost fully furnished. I got my comfy rocker-recliner reading chair yesterday. Really adds something, doesn't it.

As for the "meat" of today's blog, it's over at Patricia Stoltey's blog. She interviews authors about how they got started. My route was a little unconventional. Hope you'll head over and read it.

Comments welcome both here and there.

And tomorrow—don't forget it's Friday, and we're taking our Field Trip to Europe.

17 comments:

Lou Belcher said...

Congrats on the nice review above....

By the way.... your office is too neat. Time to pile up some books and papers :0)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Popping over!

Terry Odell said...

Lou - you didn't see what was BEHIND the camera's focus. I'm sure that half of the room would meet your "specifications"

Unknown said...

You gonna cut that tag off the chair? ;) Can't wait to test it out in October!

Terry Odell said...

Jess, the tag is off. I didn't notice it until I took the picture, but was too lazy to take another one.

Patricia Stoltey said...

You have a very tidy reading corner, Terry. And the chair looks great. A person could spend the whole day reading in a chair like that.

Terry Odell said...

Patricia - give it time. Remember, there are still a kazillion boxes downstairs!

Jemi Fraser said...

Awesome review! I'm saving Nowhere to Hide for my out of town trip next week - can't wait! :)

Ann Best said...

I'm a writer too (though I'm one who started writing stories in first grade) and an avid follower of Pat Stoltey. I just read your guest post at Pat's place, and I'm so glad to meet you. And now I want to follow you and read your books!
Ann

Terry Odell said...

Jemi - hope you enjoy it. And I'm flattered that you want to savor the read.

Ann - I'm glad you found me. Welcome, and I hope to see you often.

Glynis Peters said...

Ack, I had a good tidy up today and it is still not as neat as your reading nook.

Off to read the interview. Great review by the way.
Europe? Ooh, I live in Europe. Don't tell me I have to keep my house tidy! ;0

Terry Odell said...

Glynis - no worries. It's one of my virtual field trips, which I have here every Friday.

Helen Ginger said...

I do like your reading chair. Sit back in comfort, put your feet up, and read. Ooh, that sounds good.

Helen

Terry Odell said...

Helen - it IS good. Works for naps too.

HearWriteNow said...

That does look comfy. And Helen's suggestion is my idea of a great holiday! Unfortunately my reading chair has been moved out of my office in favour of a bed for our toddler; it will become his bedroom soon.

Elsa Neal
HearWriteNow & Blood-Red Pencil

Sheila Deeth said...

Ah, those tags. Looks a lovely chair, and a tidy bookshelf... looks round at distinctly untidy shelf... will need to get organized soon.

Terry Odell said...

Elsa - we've got a visit from our toddler grandson tomorrow - we'll see if he likes being rocked in the chair.

Sheila - the neatness is only because everything is still new, and we've left a lot of unpacked boxes downstairs.