Monday, October 02, 2006

On Promotion

What I'm reading: Always Mine by Sophia Johnson; A Visible Darkness by Jonathon King

What I'm working on: Reviewing Rescued Hearts for pitching at the Emerald City; Chapter 13 of book 5

Saturday was my first organized "promotional" venture. A Yahoo group scheduled all Wild Rose Press authors to participate in their group, answering questions, offering excerpts and donating prizes. Of course, this was the day Yahoo Groups went off line, so it was more like talking to yourself and waiting for the eventual surge of messages once the floodgates were opened.

Overall, I'm curious to see whether sales at Wild Rose showed a significant increase, although I'm sure many people were simply frustrated when messages didn't go through so they left.

On Thursday, I leave for Seattle and the Emerald City conference. Rescued Hearts is a finalist in their contest, and I'll be there in person for the award ceremony, but it's also another opportunity to network and pick up more pointers on the craft as well as the business side of writing.

I have a new contest on my website. Answer a simple question and be entered in a drawing for an autographed copy of any one of my Wild Rose Press short stories.

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

Good luck in Seattle, Terry!