Saturday, October 14, 2006

On Deadlines

Wow! I've heard plenty of authors say, "I'm on deadline" and wondered why they couldn't squeeze out time for emails, or chapter meetings, or whatever. This morning (and I got up early because I forgot to finish something for my "real" job last night) I find the final line edits for Finding Sarah in my email inbox. There's a 72 hour turnaround time, and because my editor is in Australia, I've lost a good number of those hours already. Should be interesting, and I've got the coffee on.

Quick note--my short story "Second Chance Rose" won first place in Wild Rose Press's grand opening contest and will be part of a print anthology coming out in early 2007. I was going to post a cute story about my husband's reaction but I have to start reading those FLEs. Check back after Monday, and maybe I'll get it up here by then. And more about what the final copy editor had to say about Sarah and Randy.

3 comments:

Emma Sanders said...

Congratulations! :))

Terry Odell said...

Thanks to both of you, Stacy & Emma. It's a busy weekend!

Carol Ann said...

Congrats to you, Terry! You managed to get a lot accomplished and still participated in the party at Brenda's. Can't wait to read the cute story about your hubby. Write on!