Friday, August 08, 2008

More bits and pieces from RWA and San Francisco

What I'm reading: Sweet Talk by Susan Mallery

What I'm writing: Chapter 12 -- and lots of plot notes.

Admittedly, I'm not a plotter. I have the broadest strokes of story, a bunch of back story for my main characters so I know how they'll behave and what makes them tick, but much of the other stuff is very vague. VERY vague. After being away from the manuscript for nearly 2 weeks, I went back and read the last few chapters, and crossed another one of those bridges, where I knew where the characters had to be, but wasn't exactly sure how they'd get there.

With a clearer mindset, I had one of those delightful "aha" moments and although it means some going back and fixing, rewriting, etc., I'm feeling more motivated to move ahead. And, thanks to hearing all those authors saying this is the way they work as well, I'm not even frustrated about unraveling and reweaving.

As far as RWA bits -- some pictures from Fisherman's Wharf.






That's Alcatraz in the distance, between the sailboat masts. Forbes Island, a floating restaurant is to the left. And the fog's rolling in.












Coit Tower from the wharf.










Alcatraz









Fog rolling in -- Golden Gate Bridge and WWII Liberty Ship the SS Jeremiah O'Brien

No comments: