Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy July 4th

What I'm reading: Taking the Fifth by J.A. Jance

What I'm writing: Revised opening scene and Chapter 2

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Fourth of July. We usually have a quiet day. It's too hot to spend time outside, and besides, we can step into our driveway and watch theme park firework displays for free. In honor of the holiday, I've posted a short story about a special birthday party on my Free Reads section of my website. It's written from a child's point of view, something different for me. There's a new contest for July, too.

Speaking of point of view, after re-evaluating my opening scene for my next book, I decided (ok, both my critique partners suggested and my editor agreed) it needed to be written from Sarah's point of view, since she's the character with more at stake in the scene. Randy just wants to get laid. That meant the second scene wasn't needed, so it was one of those days where you write and end up 100 words behind where you were the day before.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

Happy Fourth to you!
So glad your editor liked "our" suggestion!!! :-)