What I'm reading: Betrayal of Trust, by J.A. Jance
A reminder that tonight (7 PM Eastern) I'll be hosting a chat at Savvy Authors. The subject is foreshadowing. Hope some of you can make it.
There's been a lot of talk about reviews around the blogosphere lately. Opinions as to their effectiveness vary. Some say they never read them. Some say they use them to help decide on book purchases. Some (myself included) read them after the fact to see if they agree or disagree with other reviewers.
I don't think there's an answer, but I'm offering a free download to anyone who wants either WHAT'S IN A NAME? or DANGER IN DEER RIDGE. The hope, of course, is that you'll take a few minutes after reading and post a short review. However, I can't require it, nor would I want to. I'm happy enough that you'd want to read one of my books.
Here's how it works.
1. Decide which book you want. The best way is to go to my website and read the book blurbs, excerpts, and/or first chapter. WHAT'S IN A NAME? is here. DANGER IN DEER RIDGE is here. If one seems to be something you'd enjoy, then:
2. Email me at bookstore (at) terryodell (dot) com with "Free Book" in the subject line. Tell me which book you want, and how you'd like it delivered. Your choices:
3. A gift for your Kindle OR a coupon code to use at Smashwords.
For the Amazon gift, include the email address you use with your Kindle account so it will go to the right place. Would you like your copy "Kindlegraphed?" For Danger in Deer Ridge, click here. For What's in a Name? click here.
4. You can leave your review at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, or the Smashwords site, depending on where you downloaded the book.
5. If you enjoy the book, but you're not into reviewing, word of mouth is still the best advertising, so tell your friends.
6. Let me know how you found this post.
Tomorrow, Jason's back with more of his fantastic photography.
Like this post? Please share by clicking one of the links below.