Don't forget the new contest where everyone wins. Click the contest tab above.
Since no one stepped up with pretty pictures to share, you're getting some of the final steps of our remodel project today. There were a lot of compromises, but that's going to be the topic of another blog post, so for now, some more of the 'finishing touches' (far from finished!) on the basement and a few shots of the master bath upstairs.
We planned to put one bookshelf on either side of the entertainment center. However, I ordered them without thinking about actual dimensions. I was going by the ones in my office, which said, "five shelves" just like these did.
However, they were much taller than the ones in my office, and I never thought to look up -- there's a bulkhead in the ceiling for the duct work. Hey, I'm short. Who thinks about ceiling height. I don't have to duck.
So, we had to move things around to make room for the second unit.
Upstairs, we ordered a curio cabinet. It doesn't come close to replacing the china cabinet with its big hutch and the wall unit in the living room of our Orlando house as far as storage and display, but it's a start.
And, the master bath. There were issues with the shower -- the tile contractor didn't tell the installer there were supposed to be niches, so he did all the tiling and then had to re-do a part of the back wall to install them. But I think everything turned out fine.
Last but not least, I don't think I ever shared the original remodeling we did on the upstairs bath. This is the sink/counter side.