First – given the ups and downs of Smashwords yesterday, I want to ask you to read yesterday's post about my two stories that I've uploaded there. If you'd rather not read the whole post, just go to my Smashwords page and look at the blurbs for the stories. Words is free, and Coping Mechanisms is only 99 cents, but you can look at a sample before you commit to buying.
As an added incentive to try the Smashwords site, I'll offer a prize of a download of one of my Wild Rose Press short stories. All you have to do is email me (DON'T post it here in the comments!) and tell me the color of Amanda's hair in Coping Mechanisms, and the color of the bed sheets in Words. No purchase necessary to find the answers. Put Smashwords Contest in the Subject line.
I'll choose a winner (or winners, depending on how many entries I get—so send your friends over. The more entries, the more prizes.) Deadline: July 7th.
And now onto the topic of today's post. Roz Morris of Nail Your Novel awarded me The Versatile Blogger award. Thanks, Roz. I'm supposed to tell you seven things about myself. I'm fairly open in this blog, so I'm not sure any of them are surprising, but here goes--and in no particular order:
1. I didn't start writing until I had my AARP card.
2. I never had ambitions of being a writer until I started writing and was hooked.
3. We once had a ferret named Frank Burns.
4. I'd never read a romance before I started writing (probably because I thought I was writing a mystery)
5. I taught junior high school science in Los Angeles
6. Although I'm rusty, I used to be a darn good Backgammon player
7. I took piano lessons as a kid, but enjoyed playing gin rummy with my teacher more than practicing.
And technically, I'm also supposed to pass this award to 15 other bloggers. I hate to leave anyone out, so if you're a regular here, and have a blog, consider yourself awarded. Feel free to leave a link to your blog in the comments. I hope the award police won't come after me for that one.
As you're reading this, I should be getting my new office furniture. More about that after it actually arrives.
Come back tomorrow. Jason's back with some FANTASTIC landscape shots from a workshop he gave.