Friday, April 02, 2010

Friday Field Trip - Portugal & Italy

What I'm reading: Requiem for an Assassin, by Barry Eisler.

A number of years back, the hubster had two meetings in rapid succession: one in the Algarve in Portugal, and the second in Genoa, Italy. While he was busy, I roamed around. These pictures were taken back in the days of film, and then scanned. I didn't think about sizing them for enlargement. Hope they're still acceptable. But first, I'm guest blogging at "Once Written, Twice Shy" today. Pop over there. These pictures will be here when you get back.








Anyone know what these are?







And now to Genoa. Quite the contrast.















I'd like to wish a Happy Easter to those who observe the holiday. And if you haven't yet joined in the LASR egg hunt, there's still time to enter and win prizes. If you've had trouble finding the egg on my site, here's a hint: It won't cost you anything. Good luck.

16 comments:

Mason Canyon said...

Great photos. Thanks for the trip.

Jemi Fraser said...

Gorgeous photos! Two incredible cities. The age of the buildings always amazes me. Hard to imagine living there all the time. :)

GunDiva said...

Oooohh, I love Italy. We haven't been to Portugal yet, but I can't wait to go.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Carol Kilgore said...

Nice photos. I don't know what the pots are for. Something to do with fishing or boats?

Terry Odell said...

Glad to share, Mason

Jemi - agreed, we who live in this "infant" country are always astonished at the rich history when we go to places that have been around a while.

Terry Odell said...

GD - Definitely a worthwhile trip. We were there in the off-season, so it was calm and we could enjoy the countryside. Bring an appetite!

Carol - good guess. I'll wait awhile before I answer.

Elena said...

Beautiful area - cries to be enjoyed and painted.

Aren't those oil jars?

Terry Odell said...

Elena - another good guess. But wrong. :-)

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Love the pics!

The pots look like something the fishermen would use?

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder

Terry Odell said...

Elizabeth - thanks. Pots: Yes, but for what?

Terry Stonecrop said...

Beautiful photos of beautiful places. Thanks.

Wynter said...

European cities look so different than American ones. Maybe its the antiquity. Love it.

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Wynter. Most of our cities are still babies.

J K Maze said...

Interesting photos. Activates my travel gene.

I think those "things" are pottery from the past, though they're more than shards.

Joan

Terry Odell said...

Joan, they're current, not ancient.

Elaine Baskin said...

Thanks for the photos.