Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quick Bit of News

Rescued Hearts, my Pollyanna meets Delta Force novel won first place in Romantic Suspense in the Indiana Golden Opportunity Contest! It now goes to another editor with the first place finishers in the various categories for a "best of the best" judging.

Good news/bad news/no news? The editor who will be doing that judging is the same one who requested the partial at the Emerald City Conference. I'm not sure if that's good, not good, or won't make a difference. She's going to be judging contest pages I submitted several months ago, and the partial I sent her has already been tweaked with improvements. I don't know whether to point this out now, or simply sit back and let nature run its course.

And, about an hour ago, I got the final results for the Jasmine where my manuscript finished second in its category. This means I'm done with contests--at least the typical RWA contests which are limited to unpublished authors. I think I'm ready to move on, although I'll be looking at all the feedback from all the judges in all the contests to decide what to do with the novel.

3 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Woo hoo, Terry! You go, girl!! Congrats!

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Carol Ann. And same to you with your WRP releases.

Unknown said...

Congrats Terry! WTG!