Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Back from the Emerald City

After a jam-packed weekend in Seattle (or Bellevue, if you want to be technical) for the Emerald City Conference, I'm playing catch-up.

My contest entry, Rescued Hearts, won second place in the Emerald City Opener in the Romantic Suspense division. First would have (of course) been nice, but I'm proud of my finish on a new novel, and it was so much more exciting to be at the awards ceremony instead of getting a phone call or an email. The conference organizers did a great job. If I'd won the Suzanne Brockmann critique, it would have been perfect. But I did come away with an official ATF t-shirt. And a request for a partial from a Berkley editor.

Lots of workshops, lots of new craft tips, marketing tips, and wonderful networking. I have to admit I flaunted my new cover for Finding Sarah shamelesslly. I ate way too much, of course--and they had fantastic desserts at both lunch AND dinner.

Feel free to ask questions.

4 comments:

Dayna_Hart said...

dessert gets me *every* time.

Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Congratulations on the contest placement...that's awesome.

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Dayna -
Yes I had a great time and lots of chocolate. It began with an opening tea and never stopped.

Carol Ann said...

Sounds like a perfect trip. Congrats on your contest placing and on getting a request from Berkley!

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Carol Ann -- The partial's in the mail. Back to waiting and writing.