Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Terry's Place is moving

First, thanks to Bailey for yesterday's post. I remember Maypole dancing when I was in grade school.

After over four years here, Terry's Place is moving. Although I'd been thinking about it for some time, the recent lack of support and customer service from Blogger has lit a fire under the move. I hope you'll bookmark my new site, and continue to follow.  Because I'm moving sooner than I'd planned, the new site is still in transition, and as I learn more about the features, I'll add them. Feel free to make suggestions.

Some things I'm looking forward for: threaded comments, so we can carry out some discussions in the comments. Also, leaving a comment will require that you give an email address. I PROMISE that these will NEVER be shared. But what it will mean is that I'll have an easier way to let you know when you've won a contest. (For those of you who have left comments on yesterdays posts, I'll be posting Bailey's winner on Saturday at the new site. Her post is echoed over there as well.) Remember, you have until Friday to comment to enter.

Also, if anyone here is conversant in WordPress and wants to suggest widgets or plugins (I've learned some new terminology), feel free to give a shout out! I know Google Friend Connect isn't available for non-Blogger sites, but I hope you'll add the new site to however you follow blogs.

And, my new site will continue to do everything I've done here. That means that because it's Wednesday, there's a recipe, thanks to frequent contributor here, Karen C. To celebrate the first official blog, it's strawberry shortcake cookies!

Head over there now, and say hello. Here's the link: http://terryodell.com/terrysplace. And this site will remain available, so you won't lose any links or posts you've bookmarked.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I've been frustrated with Blogger lately, too. In fact, I'm *always* frustrated with Blogger! I'm popping over to your new site to bookmark.

Terry Odell said...

Elizabeth, I think there are problems with all the platforms. But it was the lack of customer service that was the last straw. Of course, I did notice that this post DID go up on schedule. Maybe it was me having a blog there that caused all the mayhem. :-)

Anonymous said...

I set my first and only Blog up with Word Press. I haven't thought of anything to Blog about since the first one. I know that's terrible, you're supposed to Blog everyday. Will wave at you when you get there. :-)

Kathy said...

I set my first and only Blog up with Word Press. I haven't thought of anything to Blog about since the first one. I know that's terrible, you're supposed to Blog everyday. Will wave at you when you get there. :-)