Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Field Trip - Florissant Fossil Beds

Since nobody has sent me any pictures to share, you're stuck with my last trip to Florissant Fossil Beds. Now that I'm dealing with coming up with my own cover art, I thought I'd take some pictures that might end up with some sort of potential someday, as my next book is set in this vicinity. And please, if you like this feature, send me something to share!

I'll also remind you to check back tomorrow to see who won Jenyfer Matthews' giveaway. And don't forget my contest.























6 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

Pretty! I especially like the one with the pine trees close up.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Carol Kilgore said...

Have you found any fossils there?

Terry Odell said...

Thanks, Elizabeth. You, too.

Carol - the public isn't allowed to hunt for fossils, but it's an active site.

Wynter said...

Interesting landscape. Is this located near you?

Terry Odell said...

Wynter - yep. Right up the road. We hike the various trails quite often.

Torque Wrench said...

love how nature blooms around you , and must be a good spot to write a new piece for this spring time