Saturday, June 09, 2007

Albuquerque, Day 5

I've had some requests to see what I bought in Old Town, so here's a picture of my "bling."

I tested the print from your room service and although it's very slow, it did work. The front desk staff has been very helpful, and after yet another series of internet issues, someone listened enough to print up flyers for distribution explaining the changeover of service providers. Apparently my explaining that hotel guests actually look at the information in the guest services directory, and when the policies don't match, it creates frustration and even … gasp!...complaints.

My hotel 'rule' about maid service held true yet again. At 3:15, she still hadn't come to the room, but her cart wasn't far down the hall. I took my laptop to the bar and worked on my 'real job' as well as edits on my short story and another chapter of line edits on the novel. My husband joined me and we shared a Guinness. Since the vans were picking us up for the zoo picnic at 5, at 4:30 I went upstairs to get ready. Yep – the maid was in the room. So far, she's come as early as 10 am, and as late as 4:15.

We did get to the zoo for the picnic. Everyone was very friendly. Or was it my shirt?

And when we got back to the hotel, I had a sneak preview of a review for What's in a Name? Once it's official, which is supposed to be tomorrow, I'll post it on my website.

No comments: