Tuesday, April 03, 2007

More good news/not so good news

What I'm reading: Sunstroke by Jesse Kellerman; Cards Don't Lie by Heather Hiestand.

What I'm writing: Chapter 31

I was disappointed by an agent rejection on Saturday, but it was a "good" rejection letter because it offered suggestions for improvement and the agent even did a line edit of the first chapter. Good writing, but too close to another of her client's work.

However, Finding Sarah received two more very good reviews, which kind of makes up for some of the pain. One from Chris H. at Fallen Angels said:

"I was hooked. I couldn’t wait to see how it would turn out. Terry Odell outdid herself; It was a wild and suspenseful ride, the ending had me riveted, and Terry Odell kept me guessing until the end. I really came to care about these characters."


The other came from a review site I was unfamiliar with, Futures Mystery Anthology Magazine, so it was a total surprise. Christine Speakman, the reviewer said:

"I spent all last night reading FINDING SARAH. I couldn't walk away from the story. Thank you, Terry Odell, for an extremely tired Thursday.

Thank you, Terry Odell, for a fantastic Wednesday night of pure reading enjoyment. FINDING SARAH is a smooth cannot-put-down read. The characters are fresh and likeable."

Tonight's Civilian Police Academy class is Homicide, Domestic Violence and Child Abuse -- should be interesting, although maybe on the depressing side. Check back; I'll be posting what I learned.


No comments: