Tuesday, December 05, 2006

On Happy News

What I'm reading: Inside Delta Force by Eric L. Haney ; contest entries
What I'm writing: My Valentine's Day short (still). Also a promo prologue piece for Finding Sarah.

I got a couple of nice surprises while I was away at a 2 day meeting. First, an editor had offered to critique my first three chapters of Rescued Hearts as a pure favor. Instead of feedback, I got a request for the full manuscript. And, she said she'd offer some advice before I sent the final version in. How kind of her.

My Cerridwen editor approved my long-ago-written prologue for Finding Sarah, one that I wrote more for me than the book, but she said I could use it as a promotional giveaway.

AND -- she offered a contract on Starting Over, the sequel to Finding Sarah. The one I'd waited so long to finish the final draft because I wanted to get the local sheriff's department building operations. (You know, like how to you get a fax? Where's the lab?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on the contract! Too bad you had to change the name of that particular character...

Carol Ann said...

Yippee! Congratulations, Terry.

Terry Odell said...

Thanks to you both! And, Jess--I may have changed a character's name to protect the 'guilty' but there's a chance you might get your own homage in Rescued Hearts.