Sunday, November 30, 2008

Received Without Contents

Technically, Susan Wiggs ended her gratitude project on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day. I extended mine a few extra days. I hope everyone took time each day to think of the good things, whether or not you posted them here.

For me, I'm staring at an empty box, trying to see the 'bright side' - something Frankie Castor, the heroine of When Danger Calls does very well. When the doorbell rang yesterday, I found a box on the porch. It's holiday time, so that's not too unusual. Since I'd hurt my back, I was leery about picking it up, but it was very light. And empty. No bottom; flaps folded in. A sticker on the front said, "Received Without Contents." I looked at who sent it. My publisher. Those were undoubtedly my advance author copies of When Danger Calls. Lost. Gone. And, it was Saturday on a holiday weekend, so nobody to call. So, instead of more happy dance news, I've got an empty box.

Tomorrow, I'm volunteering at the SWAT Roundup, a competition for SWAT teams from all over the country. I'll try to keep things updated here.

For now, it's Sunday. Enjoy the day.

3 comments:

Joan Reeves said...

Sounds like fun, Terry! Can't wait to read about it.

Dara Edmondson said...

Hope the replacement books arrive soon! Enjoy SWAT Roundup. I loooove those law enforcement types;-)

Chudney Thomas said...

Sorry about the books, Terry. hope attending the SWAT roundup will lift your spirits at least a little. just be careful with your back.