Thursday, October 09, 2008

Whatcom Falls


Managed to convince my phone to email me the pictures I took at Whatcom Falls, a spot where we stopped on the drive from the airport. It's very near our friends' home in Bellingham. Although the name makes me think of some Internet site, the word comes from the Native Americans who settled in the area, and it means Noisy All the Time.

Yesterday we drove to Mt. Baker (with a stop at the Mt Baker Winery along the way for some very nice samples. The gorgeous sunshine didn't hold as we got higher, and by the time we got as far up as the roads allowed, it was snowing -- or icing. I don't know what you call it, but it was little bits of ice but it didn't seem to be hail. We stopped at a few spots along the way and took some pictures, but I used a camera for those, not my phone, so it'll be a while before I can get them to a computer to upload.

No comments: