Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall? How about picking apples?

Central Florida isn't much on seasons--at least not the ones on the calendar. Ours are more like Summer, and February 3rd. But, the faintest teasings of fall are there if you look for them. The first indicator for me is a different quality to the light as I drive to the Y in the early morning. Trees shine with a golden glow, and things look crisper, somehow. Probably because the humidity is a few points lower.

This morning, it was actually below seventy degrees when we got up. I opened the windows. Since the highs are still predicted to be in the upper 80's, they won't stay open long, but it's nice to get some fresh air into the hermetically sealed box for a change. It will be some time yet before the weather is this pleasant for more than a couple of hours a day.

Of course, that fresh air brings in a new set of problems as I hear my husband's allergies kicking in. And speaking of my husband, he sent this link yesterday. It's probably the only way anyone around here can pick apples. Beware -- it might keep you from doing what you should be.

1 comment:

Dara Edmondson said...

"Summer and February 3rd" - that's funny! I love the little dip in temps, if only because they are not in the 90's!
Banish that link - no more distractions! I've just discovered Scramble and I'm doomed now!