Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Five Blue Ribbons can brighten your day.

What I'm reading: The Winter Lodge, by Susan Wiggs

What I'm writing: POV workshop notes, Chapter 25

From the above, it looks like I'm busy with writing. What that cryptic line doesn't say is how much time I actually spent doing it yesterday. Maybe an hour, total. My real job has a quarterly membership renewal, and I've been tearing my hair out dealing with the increased workload, compounded by the extra work of fixing things when people can't seem to follow directions. Today, in preparation for my trip to South Africa, I'm meeting with the man who will be handling things when I'm away. I'm hoping (and he is too, I'm sure) that the majority of those who are going to renew will do it before I leave and hand everything to him.

So, in a day that seemed governed by Murphy's Law (if the email system that delivers the renewal forms is going to go down, it's going to be the day you have 800 people who are supposed to be renewing, right? And if you have to leave for an hour or so, THAT'S when it will happen so you don't realize you're not getting all your messages until you've missed way too many), I was pleased to find one friendly email in my inbox.


Starting Over, my August release was reviewed by Romance Junkies, and it received their top ranking of 5 Blue Ribbons.

...beneath the intrigue and suspense is a love story so heart-warming yet painful that I found myself in tears at times. Expertly intertwined with the missing persons case, the slow build of love and trust between Graham and Colleen was believable and never felt forced or contrived. STARTING OVER is a fabulous example of the Romantic Suspense genre and Ms. Odell proves that she is a force to be reckoned with. STARTING OVER is a must-have for fans of this genre and a definite keeper.
Jenn L

No comments: