Friday, January 05, 2007

More on Promotion

What I'm reading: Home Before Dark by Susan Wiggs

What I'm writing: Reweaving plot threads - Chapter 19, almost to 20.

First - visit my website. I'm running a contest for January and the prize is a copy of a prologue I wrote for Finding Sarah. Of course, in my typical roundabout way of doing things, I wrote it well AFTER I wrote the book--after the first revision, as I recall. I couldn't quite let go of her, and had to know what she had to give up in order to accept Randy.

My die-hard critique group, the Pregnant Pigs, wants to celebrate the release of the book. I love their enthusiasm for all milestones. One member is a writer in residence at the Kerouac House . I am so humbled by her talent and dedication, and to think she'd host a get-together for a simple electronically published romance at a place that reeks of TALENT--it's something else.

Cerridwen Press has a monthly newsletter, and each month they feature authors with current releases. I got a list of "interview" questions and really sweated over some of them. I have this honesty streak, except when I write fiction (maybe that's got a lot to do with why I write fiction).

These were the questions:

What is Finding Sarah about?

What inspired you to write it?

What do you think readers will enjoy most about it?

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

What’s the most interesting thing you’ve ever done?

Who’s the most dashing man who ever lived?

Who do you admire most and why?

Tell us about your first love.

If you could be someone else for a month, who would you be and why?


You'll be able to see my answers in the February newsletter either by subscribing (it's free) or viewing it on their website.

No comments: